Market Leader in Hong Kong
Midland Holdings is one of the biggest agency groups in Hong Kong
- Midland bucked the pro-longed property downturn which took place from 97 to 03 and strengthened its market position
- Midland expanded it footprints to new home sector in late 1990s
- In 2000, Midland acquired Hong Kong Property, a then top-player, in an effort to consolidate the industry
- In 2007, Legend Upstar Holdings* became the first listed company on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange specializing in industrial and commercial property agency services, and the listing of its shares was transferred from the Growth Enterprise Market to the Main Board of the Stock Exchange (Stock Code: 459) in August 2008.
*Formerly known as Midland IC&I Limited, the Group's related company
Strong Foothold in the Secondary Market
Midland Holdings has nearly 400 branches (as of October 2020), across HK Island, Kowloon Peninsula and New Territories. At the top end of the market, we have presence in the luxurious areas such as the Peak, Mid-Levels, Kowloon Tong and etc. Our foothold in the mass market is solid as well. Midland's branch network covers traditional popular housing estates such as Taikoo Shing, South Horizon, Whampoa Garden, City One Shatin, Kingswood Villa and others.
Strong in the Primary Martket as well
Big Developers such as Sun Hung Kai Properties, Cheung Kong, Henderson Land Development, New World, Sino and etc., appoint Midland Realty and Hong Kong Property as their agents.
Midland Holdings is one of the biggest agency group in Hong Kong and was awarded the Asiamoney 2005 Best Managed Company (Medium Cap category) <Selected by investors and analysts from across the region, the winner demonstrated an impressive combination of financial and business performance, management strategy and vision, and displayed a strong commitment to shareholder value, operational efficiency and corporate governance. Medium cap: US$300 million - US$700 million>
In 2005, Midland Holdings was awarded Forbes Asia's the Most Successful Public Company (under a billion US$).
There were only 22 Hong Kong listed companies selected.
1) Valued both growth and consistency
2) Positive earnings growth during the past five years
3) Pretax margin of at least 5% in the latest fiscal year
Mr. Freddie Wong clinched "Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of The Year -China" and "The 10 Outstanding Entrepreneurs Awards 2008".